AIA Akron is a local component of the American Institute of Architects (AIA). We represent over 170 members in 11 counties of the greater Akron area. Our mission is to organize and unite in fellowship the members of the Architecture profession. We promote the aesthetic, scientific and art of planning by advancing the standards of architectural education, training, and practice, to coordinate the building industry and the profession of architecture to ensure the advancement of the living standards or people through their improved environment.
Since the move to Environmental Stewardship was announced to members in early August, much work has been done at the national level to help set the organization on a successful path forward. Below is a quick snapshot of some of that work.Environmental Stewardship Update_ November 2019
Ohio Valley Chapter of IIBEC is once again bringing to you a series of educational sessions for roof consultants, designers, specifiers, and owners looking to keep up with the dynamic and innovative modern construction industry.
Attendees receive 6 HOURS of IIBEC CEH’s and AIA HSW Credits.
- Roofing Wind Speeds; ASCE 7, Uplift Ratings & Warranties Presented By Carlisle
- Intro to Structural Insulated Sheathing Materials for Commercial Construction Presented By Bill Spencer, Reps of Ohio
- Liquid-Applied PMMA Roofing & Waterproofing Membranes Presented By Soprema
- High-Density Fiber Cement Cladding Solutions in a Ventilated Rainscreen System Presented By Patrick Harding, EAP
- Directory of Roof Assemblies (DORA) Presented By Intertek
- Building Enclosure Performance Presented By Prime AE
- Click Here to Download Course Descriptions
- 7:15 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:00 am Sessions begin
- 9:50 am Break and Tabletop Displays
- 12:00 pm Lunch and Tabletop Displays
- 2:50 pm Break and Tabletop Displays
- 3:00 pm Sessions conclude