Pecha Kucha Cleveland – Volume 19
THIS Friday, August 23rd, 2013, Rain or Shine*
Doors Open: 7;00pm
Presentations Begin: 8:30pm
Beverage Break: 9:20
Presentations Resume: 9:45pm
Presentations End: 10:30pm
In 5 days PKN will be taking over West 24th street, sitting in the shadow of the West Side Market in Ohio City. In the event of rain, PKN will take place in the Tasting Room of Great Lakes Brewery, just down the street*. Keep an eye on their Facebook page and Twitter for the announcement of whether or not it will be on West 24th or in the Great Lakes Tasting Room. The announcement will be made by 1pm on Friday, and really, if you show up to West 24th on Friday and we aren’t there, we are in the tasting room; just walk on down.
As always, each presenter will get to show 20 images of their work, with each image pre-timed to 20 seconds per image. While PKN19 is free and open to the public, the occasional $5 donation for their outdoor events to help subsidize some of the misc. equipment/permit costs.
*If it rains and PKN end up in the Great Lakes Tasting Room, it will be a limited entry to 200 people. Guests that do not get in at first are encouraged to return at the break (9:20pm) to see if any spots have opened up. Typically quite a few spots will open up at the break.
The presenter list (in NO particular order):
- Faith McFluff – Hula Hoop instructor and performer at Cleveland Exotic Dance
- Mark Stadiot – Illustrator and Designer
- Fred and Laura Bidwell – Photography collectors and co-founders of the Transformer Station (partnership with Cleveland Museum of Art)
- Mike Zubal – Owner of Zubal Books (amazing book collection and to add to it, own a former twinkie factory where books are stored)
- Loren Naji – Amazing Sculpture artist and gallery owner
- Johnny S – Owner, JohnnyVille Slugger, Custom engraved baseball bat store in Ohio City
- Sam McNulty and Andy Tveekrem – Owner and Brewmaster, respectively, at Market Garden Brewery
- Marilou Suszko – Journalist, foodwriter and culinary educator
- Wayne Mortensen – Architect with a passion for Architecture, Urban Design and Social Work
- Paul Brenner – Founder and Brew Expert at The Cleveland Brew Shop
- Mark Raymond – Founder, The Cleveland Hostel
- Marc Ciccarelli – Architect and owner of Studio Techne
Event Hashtag: #PKNCLE19