Dear AIA Akron,
As the summer marches by, I wanted to take a minute to remind you of an exciting few months ahead of us with several events that you should mark on your calendar. I am looking ahead toward an exciting Fall filled with a variety of opportunities for our chapter. Please stay tuned to for additional information as the dates draw closer.
- August 25th: The 2017 AIA Akron Design Awards submission deadline is a mere four weeks away. Please use the following link to submit your proposal: https://aiaohio.secure-
- September 11th: The Toguchi Memorial Lecture: Peter Bohlin, FAIA, an American architect and the winner of the 2010 Gold Medal of the American Institute of Architects. He is a founding principal of the Architectural firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.
- September 12th: AIA Akron Building Tour: Building the Future of Health Education – The Health Education Campus at Case Western Reserve University Designed by Foster + Partners http://www.
fosterandpartners.com/design- services/engineering/ structural-engineering/ cleveland-health-education- campus-structural-design/
- October 13th: Save the date for the AIA Akron Design Awards Biennale Masquerade at Greystone Hall,103 S High St, Akron, OH 44308
- November 2nd: The AIA Akron Fundraiser: Dueling Pianos at the Tangier. Be entertained while helping us to raise funds for student scholarships.
I look forward to seeing you all soon at an event in the near future.
ERIC F. PROS, AIA, NCARB, MBA
Director of Design | President, AIA Akron