AIA Akron Members-
Thank you to everyone who participated in the annual meeting on Monday. The votes have been tallied, Julie Whyte will our 2019 president-elect and Melinda Scalfaro will be the AIA Ohio Director. If you were unable to attend our Annual Meeting and would like to know what was discussed, please reference the attached document, and let me know if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing many of you at our upcoming events:
- October 23, 2018, 7:00 pm @ KSU’s CAED Building – KSU’s AIAS Napkin Sketch
- AIA Members are invited to participate in a Napkin Sketch competition hosted by Kent State’s AIAS chapter. Attendees will participate in a 60-second sketch competition, providing AIAS members the opportunity to interact with their professional counterparts in learning about critiques and design in a less formal atmosphere. Prizes will be awarded to the top three sketches.
- October 25, 2018, 5:00 pm @ Missing Mountain Brewing Company in Cuyahoga Falls
- The OH KY Chapter of IIDA invites members and guests of ASLA, CSI Akron-Canton, IIDA and AIA Akron to our next Akron Design Professional Happy Hour Social. This event is open to everyone -including non-members, guests and potential members. No RSVP needed.
- November 1, 2018, 5:30 pm @ The Tangier – AIA Akron’s Dueling for Schooling Fundraiser
- This fundraiser directly supports the Chapter’s annual scholarship program and provides educational programs for our AIA members. This event will feature Dueling Pianos, a silent auction, and raffle. For more information and to register, visithttp://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07efhmd0ttdcbe6186&llr=n4on88cab
- November 12, 2018, at 5:15 pm – 2019 AIA Akron Planning Meeting
- Join the AIA Akron board as we discuss AIA Akron’s goals and events for 2019. The meeting will be held in the Fairlawn area, and information regarding the meeting location will be sent soon.
- December 6, 2018, 5:30 pm @ Nuevo Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar– Joint Holiday Social
- Your invited to celebrate a successful year with members of AIA Akron, Akron-Canton CSI & Akron NAWIC. Members and guests are invited to an evening of networking, cocktails, and hors-d’oeuvres. Guests are invited to bring new hats, scarves, and gloves to donate to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Western Reserve. To register, visit https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07efqk65eb9793b69e&oseq=&c=&ch
As always, let me know if you have any questions.
Jillian R. Tipton