Project Architect / Design Assist
United Architectural Metals is looking for team members to join their design and project management team. The position offers a unique opportunity to work alongside world famous architecture firms to develop custom building enclosures across the country. We are currently working with Perkins Eastman, Ballinger and have had the opportunity to finish projects with Pelli Clarke Pelli, Foster + Partners, HoK, Kieran Timberlake, HKS, Raphael Vinoly, Perkins+Will, Gensler and others.
The current open position is for a Project Architect / Design Assist
Candidate must be able to attend design assist meetings and collaborate with architects, owners, and Construction management teams while maintaining budget, schedule and quality. Candidate must also be able to prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD, Rhino, and Revit. Details must include all views and dimensions necessary to communicate design intent and to provide required information for manufacturing. Proficient use of MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook is also a necessity.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate effectively with team members, clients, architects & engineers within Traditional Project Delivery Methods, Design Assist and Integrated Project Delivery arena toward healthy and constructible envelope designs that meet project expectations.
- Attend required meetings and conference calls as main point of contact during design assist.
- Work with vendors to develop systems most appropriate to meet architects design intent and performance specification
- Assist with developing, managing and executing project estimate within budget.
- Manage project documents including submittals, cost tracking and closeouts.
- Execute project scope as planned, budgeted and scheduled.
- Develop and maintain overall project scope-specific schedule of activities and durations.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and project partners to ensure efficient performance and project delivery.
- Maintain professional and positive relationship with internal and extended project team members.
- Facilitate field activity coordination with established project guidelines and quality control/assurance measures.
- Proficient with the following Software:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Adobe Suite/Acrobat and/or Bluebeam Revu
- Autodesk Revit
- Scheduling Software (Gantt, Primavera)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of exterior building and façade systems
- Familiar with Lean methods of project delivery
- Adept at navigating and interpreting architectural blueprints and specifications
- Bachelors of Architecture
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bialosky Cleveland is a multi-disciplinary design firm consisting of architects, interior designers, engineers, strategists, graphic designers, and planners. We are seeking a motivated BIM Manager interested in building design technologies with a desire to educate and strengthen our team!
Recognized for design excellence, practice innovation, and inspiring firm culture, Bialosky Cleveland has established itself as a firm that creates meaningful solutions that are innovative, responsive, enduring and beautiful. We continue to be named a Northcoast 99 Company, Weatherhead 100 Company, and a Top Workplace, being one of the few Midwest design firms to consistently earn these accolades. As an AIA Ohio Gold Medal Firm, Bialosky Cleveland upholds a high standard of design, a collaborative nature, and a cumulative influence on the profession of architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Engineering and 5+ years of experience in BIM workflow in all phases
- Expert knowledge and fluency in Revit and AutoCAD
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Revit MEP modeling and production techniques including energy modeling such as Trane Trace 700
- Basic knowledge of Revit structural modeling techniques
- Knowledge of Navisworks, 3D Studio Max, and Rhino a plus
- Familiarity with Dynamo, Grasshopper, V-Ray, and the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Construction Documentation Production Experience
- Fluent understanding of Revit family creation and modification processes with a deep understanding of parameter creation, organization, and management
- Articulate communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey BIM concepts to all levels of leadership
- A team-oriented personality who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Firm-wide Practice
- Develop and maintain office BIM protocols including standards and templates
- Research and develop recommendation for new products, plug-ins, and processes that would help strengthen the firm’s design and production capabilities
- Create a strategy to implement the use of technology in the design process and implement a lean practice to allow efficiency across multiple design platforms and the firm’s multiple disciplines
- Proactively engage office and studio leaders regarding the implementation of BIM within their projects
- A proactive approach to learning of new digital design tools
- Participation in industry BIM/VDC events as a representative of Bialosky
- Observe current Revit coordination techniques and recommend and develop improvements to increase coordination efficiency
- Collaborate with BIM core team and office leaders to ensure that supporting technologies are in place to enable the efficient development of BIM-enabled project deliverables
- Author and develop training programs for Revit and other technologies
- Identify firm wide training needs and implement training protocol
- Provide training and technical support for staff, both in one-on-one and group class settings
- Establish and document firm BIM processes, procedures, and workflows
- Provide BIM orientation to new hires
- Model Management
- Facilitate BIM Kick-off Meetings, Execution Plans, Level of Development, etc.
- Manage BIM project model set-up
- Ensure continuing quality assurance and adherence to BIM plans and firm-wide modeling and information standards
- Handle customization and troubleshooting as needed by project team
- Ensure teams are properly archiving and updating consultant teams outside the firm
- Family Creation
- Establish a process for collecting, evaluating, and developing parametric Revit content specific for each of the firm’s disciplines
The position is full time with medical, dental and 401k benefits. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Bialosky Cleveland values diversity in the workplace, as it makes us all stronger and leads to better solutions for our clients.
Please email resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Bialosky Employment Inquiry: BIM Manager”
Job posting to the AIA Akron site is free and will be posted for thirty (30) days.
To have a job posted send the posting via email to the Executive Director, Jillian Tipton at jtipton@AIAakron.org.