DLZ Corporation is seeking qualified Architects for immediate openings. DLZ is an award-winning, full-service architecture and engineering firm with over 600 employees located in 22 offices. DLZ has built long-standing relationships with state, federal, and public clients, serving public and government agencies for the past 100 years throughout the Midwest. Project types include Corrections, Judicial, Public Safety, Transit, Education, Water/Waste Water, Municipal facilities. DLZ’s professionals include Architects, Landscape Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Civil Engineers, as well as professional Surveyors, Construction Inspectors and Soil Scientists.
In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)’s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, and within the Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm nationally. Our award-winning designs have received national recognition for sustainable design, innovative approach and design excellence.
DLZ Corporation currently has an exciting Architectural Associate opening in Akron or Cleveland, OH.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform architectural and design assignments requiring application of specialized technical expertise performed independent of other personnel; exercise professional judgment in autonomous decisions.
- Responsible for projects of moderate complexity and may have leadership responsibility for less experienced staff.
- May assume lead roles in a narrow segment of a project and/or coordinating work of specialty groups related to his/her assigned segment of a project.
- Perform work with general guidance and supervision, or provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Plan and lead preliminary studies of job requirements and scope, determine design criteria and formulate design concepts.
- Establish conceptualization and production of graphic and written material for a major segment of a client project.
- Direct architectural support staff in development of detailed design and construction documents.
- Coordinate architectural efforts between engineering groups, the client, vendors, contractors and others as required.
- Develop concepts and approaches to the solution of complex architectural problems.
- Conduct studies of new architectural methods, codes, processes and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies aimed at evaluation alternative systems and methods.
- Review and recommend action on client request for change orders and obtain necessary approvals for same.
- Perform construction contract administration including bid analysis, contract awards, change orders, pay request and other items as required.
- Assist in the preparation and regulation of project forms for project management.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have an (NAAB) accredited professional degree in Architecture
- Completed NCARB Intern Development Program or Architectural Experience Program™ (AXP™) enrolled in EAXP program and is active pursuit of license to practice Architecture
- 1 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Revit® BIM experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office® Suite.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience working with internal design teams preferred
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job posting to the AIA Akron site is free and will be posted for thirty (30) days.
To have a job posted send the posting via email to the Executive Director, Jillian Tipton at jtipton@AIAakron.org.