Structura Architects is a full-service architectural firm founded in 1999. Structura is an Akron, Ohio, based firm that provides services throughout North America. Much of our customer base is made up of repeat business, which results in about 50 percent of our work being located outside of our home state. We take pride in the fact that the majority our work is highly technical. This includes knowledge of radiation, food safety (FDA and US Department of Agriculture guidelines), air quality issues, chemical requirements, hazardous materials and national life safety standards. This requires us to have a diverse staff and strong relationships with specialty consultants throughout North America.
Our approach can be summarized with a few words: listen, engage, understand, create and evolve. We strive to develop long-term partnerships with our customers. By having a full understanding of their strategic goals, we work with customers on a series of tactical initiatives to most effectively address their needs. We complete this while balancing potential impact on their business and assisting in the forecast of capital expenditures. We often offer adaptable solutions to maintain long-term flexibility for changing business needs.
Structura collaborates with a wide range of consultants. This provides us with the flexibility to customize each project team to best address the needs of each scope of work. We understand the importance of providing thorough documentation and coordination throughout the course of a project. Our goal is to convey information in such a way that our clients are comfortable with the systems and materials that are incorporated into each project.
Seeking Full Time Architectural Intern:
Responsibilities will be to develop design or technical solutions under the supervision of an Architect by performing the following duties:
- Create three-dimensional building information modeling and two-dimensional construction documentation using software.
- Perform redline changes and revisions.
- Assist in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects.
- Assist with contract administration responsibilities.
- Participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval.
- Assist in the development of project specifications from master specifications.
- Participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase.
- Assist Architects in construction drawings involving educational, commercial, industrial, and healthcare facilities as well as multi-story residential buildings.
- Scan, copy, print, and transmit original working drawings of current projects.
- Organize and maintain project files.
Required Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the most current version of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and MS Office. Knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and MS Project are beneficial.
Email resume to Carl Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
find more information here
Job posting to the AIA Akron site is free and will be posted for thirty (30) days.
To have a job posted send the posting via email to Joanne Brussee, Executive Director, admin[@]aiaakron.org. Please put “AIA Akron job posting” in the subject line of the email. Please allow up to 48 hours for the job to be posted.