A.R.E. 5.0 Study Sessions, hosted by AIA Akron
Akron, OH 44304
Please remember to take Equity by Design’s third Equity in Architecture Survey before it closes Friday, March 16! Developed by AIA San Francisco, the survey aims to explore career equity experiences among architecture school graduates.
The survey should take between 20-25 minutes to complete. If you’ve already received an invitation from another organization, please take the survey only once. Also, do not forward this survey link to others to preserve the integrity of the survey.
To learn more about Equity by Design and this year’s survey, visit www.eqxdesign.com.
For questions about the survey, please contact our research partner, Kendall Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your participation!
See What’s New!
Experience enhanced video streaming or search for courses by keyword—it’s all part of AIAU’s new platform and the first in a series of exciting enhancements we’ll be rolling out over the next few months. Check out the site! You’ll find the same great content with anytime, anywhere access, along with several great new features.
Visit the AIAU website to see all the great new features!
Toguchi Lecture Dinner – Kent State University
September 11, 2017
September 4th, 2017 is the
Registration Due Date
|Click Here if You Can’t Make It|
Principal, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- August 25th: The 2017 AIA Akron Design Awards submission deadline is a mere four weeks away. Please use the following link to submit your proposal: https://aiaohio.secure-
- September 11th: The Toguchi Memorial Lecture: Peter Bohlin, FAIA, an American architect and the winner of the 2010 Gold Medal of the American Institute of Architects. He is a founding principal of the Architectural firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.
- September 12th: AIA Akron Building Tour: Building the Future of Health Education – The Health Education Campus at Case Western Reserve University Designed by Foster + Partners http://www.
fosterandpartners.com/design- services/engineering/ structural-engineering/ cleveland-health-education- campus-structural-design/
- October 13th: Save the date for the AIA Akron Design Awards Biennale Masquerade at Greystone Hall,103 S High St, Akron, OH 44308
- November 2nd: The AIA Akron Fundraiser: Dueling Pianos at the Tangier. Be entertained while helping us to raise funds for student scholarships.
whether you’re looking to make a personal career change, ready to expand your firm, or have a colleague on the job hunt…keep in mind the AIA Akron Job Posting page!
find more information here
The AIA Akron, Akron-Canton CSI and Clevand CSI
12th Annual Golf Outing
430 Grant Street
August 3rd Lien Rights Membership Meeting
Thirsty Dog Brewing Co.
529 Grant St.
Akron, OH 44311
Dear AIA Akron,
As the first quarter of 2017 comes to a close, I ardently look ahead to the many exciting initiatives we have planned for the rest of the year. Our Chapter is focusing its attention on the AIA tenets of Community Redevelopment, and Public Outreach for the month of April. Last week we spent some time talking with Akron’s Director of Planning and Urban Development, Jason Segedy about ideas for Planning to Grow Akron. Read more
Cedarwood Architectural is the architectural design arm of Cedarwood, a national real estate company offering full-service in-house resources through its family of companies that include Cedarwood Development, Tri-C Construction and Riverview Management. Our vertically integrated resources are designed to ultimately save our clients time and money throughout the development, design and construction process. We treat every client with integrity and respect. Read more
For over sixty-four years, TC Architects has been involved in “Green” architecture and the design of sustainable, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly buildings. We have consistently designed high performance buildings that are cost effective to build, operate, and maintain with low impact to the environment. Read more