The AIA Akron Design Awards program honors the exceptional commitment of its member architects who continually serve, shape, discover, and imagine contemporary solutions to the evolving needs of our living and working environments.
The biannual AIA Akron Design Awards event celebrates design and recognizes the architects who shape our local, regional, and national communities. Design Award submissions are juried by a team of industry thought-leaders that evaluate design achievement, regardless of project category, type, or budget.
Submissions will be reviewed based on the following descriptors:
Interior Exterior Envelope
Student Work New Construction
Winners and designs will be celebrated at the 2019 Design Awards Celebration on September 12, 2019, held at The Trailhead at Cascade Lofts in Akron, Ohio.
- Entrant must be an AIA Akron and licensed architect.
- The primary design must be originated by a local AIA Akron chapter member. In the case of joint ventures and design collaborations, appropriate credit must be given in the submission regarding the responsibilities of each firm or individual.
- Submissions are accepted from either the design architect or the executive architect, and the location of projects is not restricted.
- Each submission must recognize all firms and individuals involved in the design process.
- Any built works submitted for consideration must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
- Release Waiver: By submitting an entry, entrants take full responsibility for the accuracy of all information submitted and warrant that all necessary permissions have been obtained from others who may have rights to the work. Entrants further acknowledge that no royalty or compensation is due to anyone, hold AIA Akron, its sponsors, staff, consultants and members harmless from all liability and grant to AIA Akron the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce and distribute copies of the original entry.
- Each submittal must consist of the following:
- Completed Project Information Form
- Up to 10 slides of the project
- Please Note:
- Each submittal must contain RGB JPEG slides (including RGB JPEG text and RGB JPEG plan files).
- Slides must include a site plan and/or floor plan and can include any additional drawings to give the jury a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the entry (in the form of JPEG files).
- The slides must have an exact height of 2400 pixels and an exact width of 3200 pixels (vertical views also have an exact height of 2400 pixels) – no exceptions.
- The maximum number of slides allowed is 10.
- All slides must be combined into a single multi-page PDF.
- The firm must not be listed on the slides. Entries that violate this requirement are subject to disqualification.
- Please Note:
- AIA Akron members: The first project is $100, which includes 1 ticket to the event. All subsequent project submissions are $75.00
- Student: $20.00 per project
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Entry payments can be made through this link (or the button below). After processing payment, you will receive an invitation to a private Dropbox folder where your submission materials (Project Information Form and up to 10 slides of the project) can be uploaded.
- Entry Deadline: Thursday, August 1 2019: Project Information Form, project slides (combined into a single multi-page PDF) and payment are due. Please note, no late entries will be accepted.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019: Design Awards Celebration, held at The Trailhead at Cascade Lofts.
Please consider sponsoring this annual event; by doing so, you are not only supporting AIA Akron, but the architecture profession and our outstanding local design talent. To learn more about sponsorships, please click here.