AIA Akron is a local component of the American Institute of Architects (AIA). We represent over 170 members in 11 counties of the greater Akron area. Our mission is to organize and unite in fellowship the members of the Architecture profession. We promote the aesthetic, scientific and art of planning by advancing the standards of architectural education, training, and practice, to coordinate the building industry and the profession of architecture to ensure the advancement of the living standards or people through their improved environment.
Join AIA Akron’s Mentorship Program for our Safety City kickoff meeting on October 3rd at 6:00PM at KSU CAED in Room 130 (@ the bottom of the Grand Stair), where we will discuss a new project we’re working with the Green Rotary club to realize a permanent Safety City in the city of Green. We will also start Master Planning, so bring your fat markers and bumwad (or don’t, we’ll provide trace paper)!
- Larry Chadwick, Akron Urban League
- Jason Dodson, Roetzel & Andress LPA and Former Chief of Staff for Summit County, Ohio
- Seth Grizzle, Owner and Creative Director of Graypants, Seattle and Amsterdam
- Tim Hawk FAIA, Principal, WSA Studio, Columbus, Ohio
- Lisa King, Landscape Architect and Executive Director, Summit Metro Parks
- Kentrell Lodge, Architecture Student and President of Kent State NOMAS
- Craig Wilson, Executive Director, Ronald McDonald House (Cleveland & Akron)