The Benefits of Membership
AIA is where the architecture and design communities come together to share knowledge, gain expertise, get connected, and stay involved. An AIA membership connects you to this global community of over 90,000 professionals who share your passion for architecture, design, and the built environment. It also connects you to opportunities to mold the architecture profession, public policy, and practice.
HAPPY HOUR SOCIAL
Eat, Drink & Connect
@ THIRSTY DOG TAPHOUSE
587 GRANT STREET, AKRON OHIO 44311
Sponsored by Pella. Hosted by AIA Akron.
|AIA & CSI Lunch & Learn (May 9th, 2018)
Window Code Fundamentals, presented by Anderson Commercial
- Ascertain the different elements of accessibility codes for windows.
- Identify emergency escape and rescue regulations, as well as exceptions to the rules.
- Understand fall protection requirements, compliance methods, and the variance between residential and commercial applications.
- Distinguish when and where safety glazing is required for windows.
AIA Akron Chapter Meeting
United Glass and Panel Tour
May 8, 2018, from 5:30-6:30 pm
AIA Akron’s May Chapter Meeting will be held at United Glass and Panels Office, and we hope you can join! Join us on May 8, 2018 at 5:30 pm as we observe and experience United Glass and Panel’s office, workplace design, experiential design and glass/glazing systems.
Participants will earn 1 LU credit.
Date: May 8, 2018
Time: 5:30-6:30 pm
Location: United Glass & Panel System
8040 Whipple Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720
Please park across the street and south of the building. Parking is free.
- Workplace Design: Participants will be able to observe and experience workplace design that encourages collaboration while still providing focused work areas (finding balance between openness, collaborative environments, small group areas, and focused work space).
- The Building as a Showcase: Participants will be able to observe and experience the re-purposing of an existing structure to display products and the clients work.
- Glass and Glazing Systems: Participants will be able to observe design possibilities of glass and glazing systems, experience how they function and learn how they can be integrated in a minimal sense.
- Experiential Design: Participants will be able to view strategies in experiential design. Millennial’s want more and employers looking toward the future know this. Participants will be able to see some simple strategies used to create an environment that improves the employees experience while attracting young talent.
Presentation, 1 LU
Registration will close at noon on Friday, May 4, 2018.
If you have questions about the Chapter meeting, please contact Jillian Tipton @ email@example.com or 330.699.9788.